Activity 5: Coordinate activities
Below are the global and regional obligations in this activity:
Restrict the information to :All agreements
Global agreements Regional agreements
Directly relevant obligations and commitments
- Establish thematic, regional and global linkages and cooperation to understand, access, fund and implement mitigation and adaptation strategies, actions, tools and/or policy projects: World Heritage Decision 31 COM 7.1, 4 and WHC-07/31.COM/7.1 (Policy Document on the Impacts of Climate Change on World Heritage Properties) SEE COMMENTARY 2
- Participate in the United Nations Climate Change conferences with a view to achieving a comprehensive post-Kyoto agreement: World Heritage Decision 31 COM 7.1, 8
- Ensure that training courses on risk assessments, reporting, adaptation and monitoring are coordinated with other international institutions, Advisory Bodies, and secretariats of other conventions: World Heritage Decision 30 COM 7.1, 8 and WHC-06/30.COM/7.1 (Strategy to assist States Parties to implement appropriate management responses) SEE COMMENTARY 4
- Develop, support, and review pilot and/or ongoing projects involving joint actions within the objectives of the three Rio conventions, the Ramsar Convention, WHC, CMS, and other relevant multilateral environmental agreements in order to promote better understanding and functioning of synergy among these: CBD Decision VIII/30, 6.
- Facilitate cooperation among international organizations, and promote the integration of biodiversity concerns into all relevant sectors by coordinating their national positions among the various conventions and other international forums in which they are involved: CBD Decision VIII/16, 1.
- Promote, as appropriate, coordination among national focal points for the UNFCCC, the UNCCD and the CBD with a view to achieving synergies on cross-cutting activities, and seek funding from GEF for these activities where appropriate: CBD Decision VIII/16, 2.
- Ensure the fullest cooperation and communication between national focal points for the biodiversity related conventions and representatives of those sectors or groups that are responsible for the drivers of change in the biological diversity of inland water ecosystems: CBD Decision VIII/20, 4.
- By 2006, identify the Pan-European Ecological Network on coherent indicative maps as a European contribution towards a global ecological network: Kiev Resolution no. 4
- Agreements concluded with third countries to the Kyoto Protocol which have ratified the Protocol to provide for the mutual recognition of allowances between the Community scheme and other greenhouse gas emissions trading schemes: EU Directive 2003/87/EC, Article 25
- Ensure full use of existing legal, administrative and socio-economical mechanisms at the international, national, regional and local level: PEBLDS (no. 1.3)
- Formulate a comprehensive strategic programme for coordination of meteorological programmes: COMESA Decision 10/38